We are pleased to inform you that we signed the contracts with the selected organizations of the first round of applications for Core Grants in Albania and Kosovo.
What is CORE grant?
Core grant, in addition to financial support, offers organizations the opportunity to improve the capacities of the organization and staff through customized training and mentoring support, to multiply their strategic influence and be one step closer to the organization’s sustainability. This approach frees CSOs from the pressure created by short-term financing of projects. It enables CSOs to focus on the priorities of users while at the same time following their mission and working towards the achievement of defined goals. Therefore, this type of grant is intended for civil society organizations that make a significant impact in the areas of security, stability, and governance and have the potential for an even more substantial impact on the community.
The expected period of support through the core grant is 24 months. Core grants will financially support the work of civil society organizations for two consecutive fiscal years. Core grants provide general financial support for CSOs that operate and have an impact in one or both of the following areas:
- Security and stability
The awarded organizations of the public call for Core Grants from Albania are:
- Qëndra Psiko Sociale Vartra, with an approved budget of 80.000 EUR;
- Qëndresa Qytetare, with an approved budget of 65.000 EUR;
- Qendra Sociale në Ndihmë të Njerëzve në Nevojë, with approved budget of 30.000 EUR.
The awarded organizations from Kosovo are:
- Democracy for Development with an approved budget of 80.000 EUR;
- Group for Legal and Political Studies with an approved budget of 50.000 EUR;
- Kosovar Centre for Security Studies with an approved budget of 50.000 EUR;
- Platforma Civikos with an approved budget of 30.000 EUR;
- Center for Equaliy and Liberty for the LGBT Community in Kosovo, with an approved budget of 30.000 EUR
We are excited to start the two-year cooperation with the winning organizations of this first public call. We encourage all organizations that did receive a grant within this public call, to apply to the other public calls that the SMART Balkans project will publish soon.