Summary of organization’s strategic orientation
The Helsinki Citizens’ Assembly Banja Luka (HCA BL) is an organization that supports and stimulates the autonomy, equality and freedom of all citizens by initiating and supporting various democratic and peace initiatives and including marginalized social groups in democratic processes.
Program areas of activity: Strengthening of civil society and transformation of public authority into a service for citizens; Advocating for gender equality; Culture of dialogue and trust-building and Capacity-building of the organization.
- Empowering marginalized groups for political action and improving their position in society,
- Influence on government institutions in BiH in order to improve laws and public policies towards these groups,
- Increasing the representation and better presentation of women, youth and minorities in the media,
- Strengthening the awareness of citizens in BiH about the discrimination of marginalized groups and mechanisms for protecting their rights
- Strengthening cooperation with other organizations and institutions in BiH, but also at the international level
- Bringing closer education programs, literature, knowledge and skills in relation to peace building, development of civil society and human rights to the citizens of BiH
- Continuous improvement of HCA BL staff and work on the sustainability of the organization.
OCD, Grassrots organisations and informal groups, marginalised gropus, youth and citizens in greneral
Main organization activities
- Creation of the Human Resources Development Policy, including the development of indicators for assessing staff performance;
- Strengthening external communication (towards users, institutions, international organizations and donors) through clearly defining roles and tasks and hiring a PR person. The goal is to additionally strengthen the image of the organization and make the results of work more visible and recognizable in the public;
- Securing a position for a legal expert who could relieve existing employees and help in timely response to threats and various types of violations of human rights and freedoms, especially in the context of the negative development of the situation in the RS;
- Elaboration of the internal monitoring and evaluation system.