We are happy to share that the contract signing ceremony with the CORE grantees for Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Montenegro was held on December 28th!
What is CORE grant?
Core grant, in addition to financial support, offers organizations the opportunity to improve the capacities of the organization and staff through customized training and mentoring support, to multiply their strategic influence and be one step closer to the organization’s sustainability. This approach frees CSOs from the pressure created by short-term financing of projects. It enables CSOs to focus on the priorities of users while at the same time following their mission and working towards the achievement of defined goals. Therefore, this type of grant is intended for civil society organizations that make a significant impact in the areas of security, stability, and governance and have the potential for an even more substantial impact on the community.
The expected period of support through the core grant is 24 months. Core grants will financially support the work of civil society organizations for two consecutive fiscal years. Core grants are intended for CSOs that have made an important impact in the areas of security, stability, and/or governance and have the potential for an even more significant impact in the community.
Core grants provide general financial support for CSOs that operate and have an impact in one or both of the following areas:
- Security and stability
Who are CORE grantees?
From Bosnia and Herzegovina:
- Centar za informativnu dekontaminaciju mladih with approved budget of 100,000 EUR
- Association for addiction prevention NAKRKO-NE with an approved budget of 50,000 EUR
- Tuzla Open Center with an approved budget of 30,000 EUR
- Fondacija Centar za zastupanje građanskih interesa with an approved budget of 30,000 EUR
- Vijeće mladih FBiH with an approved budget of 30,000 EUR
- Center for civic education with an approved budget of 100,000 EUR
- Center for democratic transition with an approved budget of 50,000 EUR
- Association Spectra with an approved budget of 30,000 EUR