It is necessary to create new approaches and improve existing local multisectoral mechanisms, thanks to which members of the Roma community at economic risk in four municipalities in Vojvodina will be enabled to have more effective access to health and social services, as well as support for timely prevention of infectious and non-infectious diseases.
Trained members of the field team will conduct an information campaign aimed at the target group, organize preventive examinations and provide assistance for reaching health institutions. Through work in the field, we will collect real information about the health habits, needs and difficulties faced by vulnerable citizens, which will serve as a basis for further advocacy actions aimed at improving the position of the Roma community, along with an accompanying educational and media campaign.
Main goal: Contribution to the prevention of further deterioration of the health and socio-economic situation of Roma in four municipalities in Serbia through the urgent implementation of various field activities and the provision of direct support.
Target group and main beneficiaries
- Roma people in the rural areas of the municipalities of Bečej, Vrbas, Ada, Srbobran, with poor material and social status
- School employees and students in rural areas of Bečej, Vrbas, Ada, Srbobran municipalities
- decision makers at the local level
- Basic training modeled on health mediation in order to implement field visits and inform citizens from the Roma population in four municipalities in Vojvodina.
- Providing assistance in the realization of health and social rights and raising the level of information of Roma in four municipalities in Vojvodina.
- The tour of potentially vulnerable individuals and families on the ground in four municipalities – 10 settlements, includes about 1,000 people.
- Educational activities in 10 schools with the aim of informing about health and social issues.
- Survey of habits, attitudes of citizens from vulnerable groups and difficulties in the social-health system in four municipalities in Vojvodina.
- Providing assistance in exercising rights and raising the level of information among Roma in four municipalities in Vojvodina.