Summary of organization’s strategic orientation
- CED FLOROZON has the following goals and tasks
- to protect the interests of citizens related to the environmental issues in the Republic of North Macedonia;
- to promote environmental democracy;
- to strengthen the rule of law in the area of the environment;
- to promote and achieve sustainable development in ecology, agriculture, tourism, education, health and the overall economy, both in rural and urban areas;
- to work on the protection of citizens’ rights to access information;
- to encourage participative management of the environment;
- to work on strengthening the principles of access to justice in the environment.
Summary of the supported project:
The project “Mechanism for the Prevention of Corruption” is designed to respond to the current impasse between the government’s commitment against general corruption in the country and its apparent lack of internal efforts to remedy such a situation. The proposed project relies on three core components that are interrelated: research and analysis, capacity building and advocacy and public awareness. In particular, the project will work on strengthening the role of civil society organizations in the prevention of corruption in the environment by improving the existing capacities and by providing an efficient mechanism for communication and cooperation with the state anti-corruption institutions and their respective bodies.
The general goal of the project is to contribute to the fight against corruption by establishing cooperation and partnership between CSOs, citizens and key anti-corruption institutions and their respective bodies.
The specific objectives are:
- Increasing the capacities and knowledge of CSOs in anti-corruption practices;
- Enabling an effective mechanism for dealing with environmental corruption;
- Raising public awareness of environmental corruption threads and their consequences.
Through the implementation of the 16-month work plan, the capacities and knowledge of the target group in the anti-corruption policy are expected to increase significantly. Furthermore, it is expected that through the application of the community-based anti-corruption approach, the project will create an effective channel for cooperation between the local constituents and the institutions responsible for the implementation of the anti-corruption policy, i.e. through the development, promotion, and implementation of a mechanism for the prevention of corruption in the environment.
1.1 Targeting and mapping of project participants
1.2 Analysis of the anti-corruption legal framework in the field of environment
1.3 Organization of a two-day workshop on environmental anti-corruption
2.1 Preparation and dissemination of a public policy document
2.2 Preparation of a Guide to environmental anti-corruption
2.3 Organizing a public debate on corruption in the environment
2.4 Introducing a mechanism for reporting corruption in the environment – an online application for reporting corruption cases
3.1 Implementing a national campaign
3.2 Promotion of the mechanism for reporting corruption in the environment